H2S On-Line Training
Hydrogen Sulphine Awareness Training for Liquid Manure Handling Systems
The 4-Hour On-Line Workshop Includes Instruction in:
- Properties of H2S
- Exposure limits to H2S
- Detection of H2S
- Demonstration of H2S monitoring and safety equipment
- Identifying potentially hazardous locations
- Importance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and a hands-on approach to writing a procedure
- Rescue strategies
- Importance of implementing an emergency response plan
Who Should take the Awareness On-line Course?
- Anyone working in an intensive livestock operation or is involved with the handling of liquid manure. Specifically employees and owner-operators in the following sectors:
- Swine Industry
- Dairy Industry
- Liquid Manure Transportation
Important Information and Education for Anyone Who Works with or Transports Liquid Manure
How can you benefit from the Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness Course?
- Increased workplace safety by increasing awareness of H2S
- Discover the latest information in strategies to reduce H2S exposure
- Training is an investment in people
What will you learn with the Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness Course?
- H2S gas, its properties and threat to human health
- How to be prepared
- How to work towards a safer workplace
- Rescue techniques and safety procedures
- Case study learning is based on real experiences
For more information on taking the H2S On-line course please contact Ken Engele (Phone: (306) 667-7439) at Prairie Swine Centre.